Wednesday, October 16, 2013

The 2013 Flagstaff Copper Quill Winner Is......

The Friends of the Flagstaff Public Library initiated the Copper Quill Award in 1995, to honor a local writer for their body of work. It is with surprise and humility that I announce that I am to receive this award at a luncheon on October 17 here in Flagstaff. I am honored to be chosen by my peers in a vote taken by the living members of previous winners.

On September 5, I received this e-mail from Holland Christie at the Flagstaff Public Library: It is with great pleasure that I announce the 2013 Copper Quill Award winner, Wayne Ranney!

I was shocked to say the least as I had no inkling that this award was in the works.

A listing of the past winners can be found here. Within this link you can click on the authors name and see their body of work.

Thank you to the 15 living members of this group who chose me to be the 2013 winner. I am honored to be in your esteemed company.

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations Wayne! Well deserved! Jack

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you Wayne! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Certainly! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well deserved, and you're in excellent company.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once again Wayne, you have made me so very proud of your accomplishments. Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! A well deserved honor!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How marvelous, great recognition for a great writer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wayne, thanks for all of your help. Good work on this award.

    ReplyDelete

If your comment will not post, email me with the problem.