Thursday, March 01, 2012

My First Videos From Africa

I took my first videos with my new Canon 5D Mark II, while visiting the gorilla's in Rwanda and then while witnessing the lion kill in South Africa. They turned out pretty good considering it was the first time I tried out that feature and I had no idea if I was actually recording or not.

Gorilla Video



Elephant Video



Lion Video I
(Warning: It is a little graphic but all just part of nature - my apologies to those of you that have house cats - this is what they do to birds and lizards)
Here the buffalo has just been taken down only about 3 minutes before this and is still alive. The lion in the foreground has its mouth completely over the muzzle of the buffalo and is subduing it by clamping down on its nose. You will hear the buffalo call quietly once in here. Then, one of the other lions turns the buffalo over and you'll see another lion beginning to devour the buffalo's testes. This of course is the most vulnerable part of the prey.



Lion Video II
(Warning: It is a little graphic but all just part of nature - my apologies to those of you that have house cats - this is what they do to birds and lizards)
This video was taken about 1/2 an hour after the previous one. The lions have just begun to devour the abdominal section of the buffalo.


1 comment:

If your comment will not post, email me with the problem.